Belgium set to release man held over Paris attacks

  • Reuters, Brussels
  • Updated: Apr 08, 2016 14:41 IST
Belgian soldiers and special forces police keep guard outside a courthouse in Brussels, Belgium. (REUTERS)

Belgium’s federal prosecutor said a man held since November in connection with the November 13 Paris attacks would be released on Friday under strict conditions.

Abdellah C, a 35-year-old Belgian national, accompanied one of the Paris attacks suspects, Mohamed Abrini, to the airport when the latter left to fight in Syria, state broadcaster RTBF reported.

His lawyer told Reuters he denied any involvement in last year’s attacks in the French capital.

also read

Belgian shopping mall evacuated after man fires rifle in store
Show comments