Swapnil Rawal is Principal Correspondent with the Hindustan Times. He covers urban development and infrastructure. He had long stints with leading national dailies and has experience of over a decade in journalism.
- Sena also accused PM Modi of ridiculing protesters including the farmers agitating against the three farm laws.
- Echoing Pawar’s opinion, Sena leader Sanjay Raut said, “Like Sharad Pawar saheb said, there will be discussion on the [Speaker post] again.”
- Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) also took on the Centre for dragging Bharat Ratna in its campaign to counter tweets by celebrities such as international pop star Rihanna.
- Raut said that the events of January 26 could have been avoided by the Centre and alleged that the ‘infiltration’ at Red Fort was engineered to cause a split among the protesting farmers.
- Till now only essential services staff, women, and some other categories were allowed to use the local train service to prevent crowding.