Construction firm bids Rs 25 crore for Rs 2 crore mine in MP's Sehore dist
One sand mine in the chief minister’s home district Sehore, which had a base price of over Rs 2 crore, finally fetched over Rs 25 crore in Madhya Pradesh’s first ever sand mining e-auction on Friday.bhopal Updated: May 09, 2015 18:28 IST
One sand mine in the chief minister’s home district Sehore, which had a base price of over Rs 2 crore, finally fetched over Rs 25 crore in Madhya Pradesh’s first ever sand mining e-auction on Friday.
During the e-auction, the sand mine spread over 16 acres in Sehore’s Budhni opened with a base price of Rs 2.06 crore and had three bidders.
Kartikey Constructions later won the bid with a whopping Rs 25.87 crore.
When questioned about such a unprecedented trend and whether some mines in the state were undervalued in the past, secretary of state mining department Sheo Shekhar Shukla said, “We will have to go into the each case individually to see why some sand mines have fetched such a whopping price. May be it is because of the quantum of sand generated in that particular stretch is regularly replenished and is easily transportable.”
He said that most sand mines e-auctioned on Friday were between 5 to 25 acres because of which many bidders could apply and monopoly was lessened.
HT had earlier reported about illegal sand mining in Sehore district.
HT had earlier reported about illegal sand mining from areas such as Shahganj, Joshipur, Mahukula, Baneta Plot, Sardar Nagar, Narayanpur and Nandner among others.
Collector of Sehore district, Sudam Khade said that implementation of the new sand mining policy will curb illegal sand mining.
He added that in the last seven to eight months, they had taken action in 280 cases of illegal sand mining and have realized a penalty amounting to Rs 78 lakh.
Submit report on illegal sand mining on Ken River: NGT tells collector
The National Green Tribunal has directed the collector of Panna district to submit a detailed report on illegal sand mining on the Ken River within a week.
Taking a suo moto cognizance of the reports about illegal sand mining in Ken River area, the NGT gave the directions during a hearing on Friday.
The next hearing in the case will be on May 19.
The tribunal did so after the state pollution board informed the NGT that currently no one is permitted to do sand mining in the area.
In its order the NGT stated that the state pollution control board had informed it that only one valid mining lease had been granted in the area.