He is principal correspondent based at Bhopal. He covers environment and wildlife, state administration, BJP and other saffron organisations. He has special interest in social issues based stories.
- Dhyani added that the burden on the ecology due to construction on Himalayan slopes made the region prone to disasters.
- Uttarakhand government has been seeking Green Bonus as compensation for the conservation of its forests by not expanding the industrial development.
- In August last year the Uttarakhand High Court had stayed the state government' notification of allowing mining of riverbed material (RBM) on private lands adjacent to the rivers in the state.
- One million visitors are expected to attend the Mahakumbh on routine days while about five million are expected for Shahi Snaans (royal baths)
- Scientists, Indian military personnel, Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and disaster management personnel and experts analysed the lake including its depth before widening its mouth.
- Two Navy divers who were winched down from a helicopter close to the lake's surface used hand-held echolocation devices to measure its depth which was found to be around 8 to 9 metres.
- HT spoke to some of the main rescuers and officers on the frontline who are leading and coordinating the search and rescue operations.
- The portals of Badrinath shrine were closed in November last year for the winter.
- The court also vacated an interim order issued by a coordinate bench of Uttarakhand HC in 2016 directing authorities concerned not to take coercive measures for recovery of the water tax demand from the petitioner
- A temporary lake created by the blocking of a Himalayan stream by the debris from a broken glacier and rock slide eventually burst out causing the Chamoli tragedy, say scientists from the Wadia institute.
- Raini village's Gaura Devi who played a key role in the Chipko movement in March 1974.
- The entire hydel project, just a few meters from their homes, was washed away in the sudden flash flood triggered by a glacial lake burst.
- Chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat said nominating Goswami as the chief minister of child assembly for a day was a matter of pride.
- Before the epidemic, over 12 crore pilgrims were expected to participate in the four-month-long Mahakumbh.
- On November 24, 2020, the state wildlife board during its 16th meeting had approved the de-notification of Shivalik Elephant Reserve, with government officials saying there is no law to define an elephant reserve.