Aamir Khan’s brother Faisal says he has turned director but actor and his mom yet to know
Actor Aamir Khan’s brother Faisal Khan, who will return to films after a long time with the movie Factory, makes his directorial and singing debut with the comeback. However, Faisal claims his brother Aamir and mom are yet to discover the new facet of talent that Faisal has decided to explore.
Faisal told Mid Day in an interview, “Direction was always on my mind, but this happened organically. We had another director [Sharique Minhaj] on board, but due to date issues, he couldn’t continue. That’s when I decided to step in. What is interesting is that my brother and mother [Zeenat] are aware of the film, but they don’t know that I have turned director. I wanted to surprise them after finishing one schedule. I am waiting to see their reaction.”
. “Sharique insisted that I sing the song. I had no qualms about turning singer,” Faisal added about singing.
Though they were seen together in the hit Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander and Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Aamir and Faisal share a frosty relationship. The latter was reportedly undergoing treatment for schizophrenia and Faisal earlier accused Aamir of getting him treated him without his consent, giving him wrong medicines and keeping him under house arrest.
Claiming that he was never ill, Faisal had told Hindustan Times in an interview in 2008, “Frankly, I was never ill.. what has been said so far was speculative and spread by my elder brother Aamir Khan and other family members. In fact, I was kidnapped.. I was under house arrest, unwanted drugs were given to me. On the judgment day, judge saab announced that I’m not suffering from any illness.. and that I’m normal and capable of handling life on my own. I should be treated as a normal person.” In February 2008, a Bandra court said that Faisal need not be in anyone’s custody and could live anywhere he wanted to.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.