Aamir Khan’s Dangal to be screened in Parliament for MPs on Thursday
Aamir Khan-starrer Dangal will be screened for Members of Parliament on March 23, Thursday, in a bid to spread the message of women empowerment.
The movie will be screened on the initiative of Lok Sabha Speaker Sumita Mahajan. It will be screened in Parliament’s Balayogi auditorium in the evening after the session gets over.
“It is my privilege to inform you that the Speaker has desired that popular Hindi Film Dangal be screened for the Members of both Houses on Thursday, March 23 at 1830 hrs.I would be grateful if could kindly make it convenient to grace the occasion along with your spouse,” said a communique by Secretary General of Lok Sabha, Anoop Mishra.
The event is being organised by the Welfare department of the Lok Sabha Secretariat. “The objective is to send across the message of women empowerment so that the law makers can promote it in their respective constituencies,” said a senior official from the department.
Dangal, which gives a message about girl power, is about a wrestler who trains his daughters in the field of wrestling and turns them into medal winners.
Last year, the play Chanakya was staged for the MPs.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.