Akshay Kumar sports dhoti-kurta on Gold sets. See pic
Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar is leaving no stone unturned to make his forthcoming film Gold a success, and looking like the character is one vital part of it.
A new photo from the sets of the film reveals how much efforts Akshay is putting to make his character believable. He is playing a Bengali hockey player in the pre-Indian independence era. In the picture, he is sporting a chequered kurta and a white dhoti. A leather sandal and a thin moustache complete his look.
Photographer Manav Mangalani posted the photo on Instagram.
The earlier released teaser of the film presented Akshay as a gritty hockey player who wants to win the Olympic gold for India and not for British India. The year is 1946 when he intends to change the course of history by presenting India as an independent hockey playing nation on the world map.
Directed by Reema Kagti, who has earlier directed Talaash, the film explores what it meant to be a patriotic player in the pre-independence era. The film also marks the Bollywood debut of TV actor Mouni Roy.
The film is, however, not a biopic as it was believed earlier. The producer of the film, Ritesh Sidhwani, denied any such reports in an earlier interview with PTI. He had said, “It is not a biopic. It is a completely fictional story but it is set against a real backdrop between 1933-48 India about what the country was, the sports... About hockey. It is not based on any character.”
Gold will hit the screens on August 15, 2018.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.