Amitabh Bachchan on Dadasaheb Phalke honour: ‘Most humbled, deeply grateful’
Actor Amitabh Bachchan is full of gratitude after he was named as this year’s winner of the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his contribution to Indian cinema. Sharing his thoughts on the announcement, Amitabh tweeted a picture of himself and wrote a note of gratitude.
“There is a paucity of words searching a response.. for the generosity of words that pour in ..I am but deeply grateful and most humbled .. my sincerest gratitude,” the actor wrote alongside a picture in which he is seen with folded hands.
“What really resides in the mind shall never be known…and may it never….gratitude and express of immense humbleness..bear supreme today…and love,” he wrote.
Congratulating their father, son Abhishek Bachchan and daughter Shweta Nanda also took to social media and posted heartfelt messages. Shweta posted a picture from Amitabh’s younger days and wrote on Instagram, “Whose your Dada (Saheb Phalke) ? Uncontainable excitement, pride, tears, and general hysteria!!! Congratulations Papa.” “Overjoyed and so, so proud! #ProudSon,” tweeted Abhishek.
In his 50-year-long career, Amitabh has won four National Film Awards for Agneepath, Black, Paa and Piku. He is also the recipient of the Padma Shri (1984), the Padma Bhushan (2001) and the Padma Vibhushan (2015). The Government of France honoured him with its highest civilian honour, Knight of the Legion of Honour, in 2007.
The veteran star began his journey in showbiz in 1969 with Saat Hindustani. Last seen in Taapsee Pannu—starrer Badla, Amitabh is currently hosting the 11th season of his popular game show Kaun Banega Crorepati. He is also likes to sing and writes blogs regularly.
Amitabh recently completed the Lucknow shoot schedule of Shoojit Sircar’s Gulabo Sitabo, which also stars Ayushmann Khurrana. He will also been in Rumi Jaffery’s Chehre alongside Emraan Hashmi, and in Ayan Mukerji’s adventure fantasy drama Brahmastra. It also stars Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Mouni Roy and Nagarjuna.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.