Big B says he was warned about Vidhu Vinod Chopra's bad temper
Eklavya - The Royal Guard was Amitabh Bachchan's first film with Vidhu Vinod Chopra. The megastar says his actress wife Jaya had warned him that the director abuses on the sets, but on the contrary he enjoyed working with him.
"When I told Jaya that I am doing a film with Vidhu Vinod Chopra, she nodded, which indicated for things to come. Later, when I told her I am going for outdoor shoot for a month, she said you will be back in three days," Amitabh told reporters here Wednesday after the screening of "Eklavya".
"Jaya told me he abuses and screams on the sets which will not suit your temperament. That's the impression that I went with for the shooting. However, the shooting took more than a month, but it was great working with Vidhu," added Big B who made his second public appearance after his surgery in February. His first appearance was at the opening ceremony of the fifth edition of Indian Premier League.
Eklavya was shown as part of the Vidhu Vinod Chopra Film Festival, which concluded here Wednesday. It was organised in association with PVR Cinemas to mark the completion of 30 years of Chopra's production house.
Chopra too praised Amitabh and said: "Eklavya was written for Amitabh Bachchan. He is one of the best human being in the film industry today."
The festival commenced March 29 with the screening of Chopra's 1989 hit directorial venture Parinda followed by Parineeta, Munna Bhai MBBS, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Khamosh, 1942: A Love Story, and Eklavya. The film 3 Idiots was shown at the closing ceremony.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Director Sooni Taraporevala has clarified that her accusations of plagiarism against the creatives behind an apparel ad have nothing to do with Deepika Padukone, who was featured in it.
- Tiger Shroff is among the most successful young stars. In an old interview, he had explained why buying a house for his parents was his most heroic act, off the screen.
- Kangana Ranaut alleged that no architect is willing to restore her office in Mumbai after it was partially demolished by the BMC last year, as they are being threatened with cancellation of their licenses.