Deepika Padukone will win National Award for Chhapaak, predicts Himesh Reshammiya as she dances to Naam Tera on his show
Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone, who first appeared on screen in a Himesh Reshammiya music video Naam Hai Tera, recreated the magic recently when she visited the sets of a TV show that features Himesh as one of the judges.
Deepika is currently promoting her upcoming film, Chhapaak. As part of the promotions of the film, Deepika visited the sets of Indian Idol, which Himesh is judging, alongside Vishal Dadlani and Neha Kakkar. Sharing a picture from her visit where she poses with him, Himesh posted on Instagram, “Deepika is going to take the national award and every award of the country for chhapaak , she is historic , from naam hai tera to chapaak , so proud of her , super talent she is , truely blessed , Hats of to Meghna Gulzar , loved the trailer , looking forward to the film , Watch Indian idol sat sunday , amazing talent , amazing show , cheers.”
He also shared another image from their interaction on sets and wrote, “It was fun to perform naam hai tera again with Deepika , she is such an incredible talent , so proud of her , chhapaak is mindblowing , what a performer she is , looking forward to the film , lots of love.” Deepika looked gorgeous in a colourful sari for the do.
Watch Deepika in Naam tera video:
Deepika plays an acid attack survivor in Meghna Gulzar’s directorial Chhapaak. The film also features Vikrant Massey and is set to hit theatres on January 10.
Meanwhile, Chhapaak received a U certificate from the Central Board of Film Certification with no cuts. Meghna said getting a U certificate is an “immense validation”, especially for a film like Chhapaak which could have been perceived as “difficult and graphic” due to its storyline. “This validation by the CBFC, that everyone should be able to see this film, is a valuable encouragement for Chhapaak,” the filmmaker said in a statement.
Deepika had to put on prosthetics to transform into an acid attack survivor, but Meghna said that there was never a plan to tone down the film. “However, from the onset, me and the entire team decided that Chhapaak must be a visually aesthetic experience otherwise it will undo the purpose of making this film. So we tread a very fine balance between not sugar-coating the reality and yet making it palatable for the viewers. And that’s the sensibility we all followed,” the director added.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan's friend has shared a picture with the star kid from their family home, Pataudi Palace. See it here.
- Actor Ankita Lokhande has defended Mahhi Vij and Jay Bhanushali against allegations that they abandoned their foster children.
- Karan Johar took to Instagram and shared a video of his children Roohi and Yash role-playing as a mother-son duo.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Ranveer Singh were spotted at the birthday bash of her rumoured boyfriend, celebrity photographer Rohan Shrestha. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut has said that she did Queen 'for money' and never thought it would even be released. The film celebrates its seventh anniversary on Sunday.
- Pictures of Shah Rukh Khan at his parents' grave site in New Delhi showed the actor paying his respects. Shah Rukh's parents died when he was very young.
- Pooja Bhatt has revealed the advice her father Mahesh Bhatt gave her before shooting a romantic scene with Sanjay Dutt in Sadak.
- Sonam Kapoor, who lives in London, shared a throwback picture from their childhood to wish Janhvi Kapoor on her birthday. See here.
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.