Gauahar Khan-Zaid Darbar host lavish wedding reception: Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Nigaar Khan, Gautam Rode attend. See pics
Gauahar Khan married Zaid Darbar in a traditional nikaah ceremony on Friday, and threw a lavish wedding reception in the evening. Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, and several television stars attended the function.
Gauahar, who wore traditional kurta-shararas for her wedding and mehendi, chose a bold gold and maroon Manish Malhotra lehenga for the reception. Zaid complemented her in a black and gold sherwani paired with a matching shawl.
Gauahar’s sister and former actor Nigaar Khan wore a green and golden kurta-sharara. Zaid’s family members decked up in traditional wear for the event.
Bhansali joined Zaid’s music composer father Ismail Darbar and his family at the reception and blessed the newlyweds. Designer Manish Malhotra attended the event in black. Actor Hussain Kuwajerwala and wife Tina were also twinning in black and were seen posing candidly for the paparazzi. Gautam Rode arrived with wife Pankhuri and the two complemented each other in white and gold.
Gauahar and Zaid had denied their linkup rumours for the longest time and confirmed their relationship just weeks before the wedding day. Their digital wedding card revealed all about their ‘lockdown love story’. It showed them meeting each other at a shopping centre while picking groceries and later bonding over phone calls. It revealed how Zaid dropped a message to Gauahar that she is ‘the most beautiful woman in the world’. They went on to meet in parking lots after which Zaid got down on one knee to propose to her with a song and a ring.
Gauahar was recently seen as a ‘senior’ on Bigg Boss 14, along with fellow seniors Hina Khan and Sidharth Shukla.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.