Happy birthday Ranbir Kapoor: 10 times he spoke his heart out on love and relationships
Actor Ranbir Kapoor always makes headlines — be it for his films or dating rumours. His relationships with actors Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif fed the gossip-mongers on a daily basis, until his much publicised break-up with Kat in January 2016.
His recent pictures with Pakistani actor Mahira Khan were the talk of the town, and after Mahira was trolled for smoking and wearing a short dress, he came to her rescue and issued this statement: “I’ve gotten to know Mahira in a personal capacity over the last few months. She is somebody who I admire and respect, for her achievements and even more for the person she is. It is very unfair the way she is being judged and spoken about. What is also sad is the inequality in judgment just because she is a woman. I request you to stop the negativity and move on with your beautiful god gifted lives. Peace and love.”
Here’s what the birthday boy, who celebrates his 35th birthday today, has said about love and relationships in the past.
If you are an actor, and you talk about your relationship and God forbid it does not end in marriage, we live in a very judgemental society. Women are judged even more for their lifestyle. Since it is a little unfair, I’d rather not talk about it.
There is always that one person in our lives who we deeply love, and that person can also destroy us.
All first dates are supposed to be the cliched version, where there’s anxiety, nervousness, excitement, awkwardness, high blood pressure, low blood pressure. Best idea is to keep it simple, pick up the girl, be polite, have a nice meal, talk, share but most importantly, listen. Be charming and listen
I really want to have a family really soon, I want to get married, I wanna be in love. But this image which suddenly I have of this Casanova and this heartbreaker is a bit contradictory to how I actually saw my life and how I would want to live my life. So I hope with time I’m gonna meet that person.
Yes, I have cheated, out of immaturity, out of inexperience, out of taking advantage of certain temptations, out of callousness. You realise it now, when you grow up and you value it more why be in a relationship, why be committed to someone when you cannot be committed? I’ve realised that now. That’s why I don’t want to jump into a relationship with anybody because … unless you have a special bond, a special equation with somebody, somebody who you can be committed to, somebody who can trust you, who you can respect, there’s no point.
Yes, I feel bad when everybody is talking about your personal life, but it’s part of my business. As an actor we always want people to write about us and talk about us. And when they are actually writing, then we say don’t write about this. I am an actor, I am a public property. I don’t own myself, public owns me.
I wish that she (his ex girlfriend, Deepika Padukone) is my friend all my life. She has moved on and so have I. But you can’t cut off a person from your life because your relationship is not working. She has been a part of my life when I was growing up and we shared a beautiful relationship. I wouldn’t like to stay away from her because we are not together.
When I was in a relationship earlier I spoke about it freely, so the spotlight went away from my work. All I want to say is I don’t want my life to be a reality show. I have decided to take it this way.
On all my dates, I pay. If there are couples who want to share the bill, it’s cool. Or if the guy is broke - he lets the girl pay- that’s fine too. It totally depends on your own dynamics. Ideally a man should pay out of chivalry.
I don’t think I can miss having her (Katrina Kaif) in my life. I need her in my life. She has such a positive influence on me, as a person and as an actor, and she’ll continue being that. That’s what it is.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.