HC vacates stay, allows TV telecast of Grand Masti
The Delhi High Court on Tuesday vacated its stay on the telecast of Bollywood movie Grand Masti after it was informed that the film has underwent 218 cuts to make it fit for TV viewing. The court was also told that the film has already been shown thrice on TV.
A bench of chief justice G Rohini and Justice Jayant Nath, however, made it clear that the film shall be exhibited “in strict compliance with requirement of the endorsement of a caution in terms of provisions of the Cinematograph Act, 1952”.
The order came on the plea of a media group seeking permission to air the movie on one of their channels as the high court had on August 21 stayed it from being exhibited on TV.
The HC’s August 21 order had come on a PIL filed by Edara Gopi Chand, through advocate Gaurav Bansal, seeking a stay on telecast of the movie on TV.
During the hearing of the media group’s application, the Central government and Central Board of Film Certification had filed an affidavit saying the movie was re-certified as U/A in January. The new certification happened after the film underwent 218 cuts which reduced the 135 minute-long theatrical version of the film to 98 minutes.
Grand Masti, also referred to as Masti 2 is a Bollywood adult-comedy directed by Indra Kumar and produced by Ashok Thakeria.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.