I am proud of my doctor brother working in Bihar but worried too: Gurmeet
Gurmeet Choudhary is very worried. The recent spike in Covid-19 cases in his home state Bihar is the cause for huge concern for the actor. He says, “Overwhelmed hospitals, poor infrastructure, and the rise in cases are quite alarming. Often people think and believe that they won’t be infected. Hame toh nahin hoga. This leads to lack of precautions and negligence resulting in a wider-spread. In big cities, there are many hospitals and doctors to deal with the situation but in smaller towns there are hospitals but the population too is huge. There are so many villages in Bihar and if the numbers keep rising like this, then bahut mushkil hogi. Ek ko hua toh jaldi spread hoga and to get the right treatment in time might be a problem.”
Choudhary feels the need to increase awareness in smaller towns and villages in Bihar. He says, “We have to emphasise that you can be infected if you meet people in groups or are in crowded places. Wearing a mask is a must and so is washing hands often. People in Bihar saw Mumbaikars and people in other cities take all these precautions and now it is their turn to do these diligently. They have to fight and ensure all precautions are taken from sanitising to masks to staying at home and not take anything lightly.”
The Wajah Tum Ho (2016) actor is also worried as his elder brother, who is a general physician in their hometown Purnia, has been treating patients. “My bhai is running his clinic everyday and has not seen his family or his newborn since the last three months. My parents, bhabhi and her family have been living in our house while he stays in his house, away from them, in quarantine. Sab dare hue hain ki use na ho jaaye. But my brother has been taking care of himself and his patients. He says, if all doctors sit at home, kaise chalega? In fact, one of our close relatives has tested positive, ab toh Corona ghar mein aa gaya hai, so the situation is quite dangerous right now.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.