I’m feeling nervous: Akshay Kumar
He may be called ‘Khiladi’ Kumar for his daring action sequences in films, but actor Akshay Kumar admits he’s anxious about returning to the genre of action flicks after a gap.
“I feel like a newcomer when it comes to action. I didn’t do it for eight years and I’m starting it all over again now. So I have that newcomer feeling. But I am going to take action to another level with Rowdy Rathore. It is very raw,” says the actor, who has delivered action potboilers such as Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Mohra, Waqt Hamara Hai and Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi in his career. But in the past couple of years, he has actively worked in comedy movies. The 44-year-old is now working out hard to get back in the action saddle.
“I am going through a lot of action practice now. You can see my palms (he shows us), the skin is all dead. I am doing it so rigorously because I still have that greed of leaping from one building to another, jumping from a chopper, climbing up on a plane and doing one stunt to another on my own,” says Kumar.
While Rowdy Rathore will see Akshay as a tough cop, he will also continue his action streak with another flick, Khiladi 786. Kumar’s last film is Sajid Khan’s Housefull 2 that released two days ago.
Apart from Khiladi 786, Akki, as he’s affectionately called, has other projects in hand, namely Joker, Once Upon A Time Again and Special Chhabis. Rowdy Rathore is scheduled to release on June 1.
On action genre
I feel like a newcomer when it comes to action. I didn’t do it for eight years, I’m starting it all over again
I am going through a lot of practice for the action scenes. You can see my palms, the skin is dead
On his journey
It’s been a very long journey in Bollywood. So each and every step that I take is with a lot of caution
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Director Sooni Taraporevala has clarified that her accusations of plagiarism against the creatives behind an apparel ad have nothing to do with Deepika Padukone, who was featured in it.
- Tiger Shroff is among the most successful young stars. In an old interview, he had explained why buying a house for his parents was his most heroic act, off the screen.
- Kangana Ranaut alleged that no architect is willing to restore her office in Mumbai after it was partially demolished by the BMC last year, as they are being threatened with cancellation of their licenses.