Isha Koppikar opens up on being propositioned by actors: ‘He said don’t come with anybody’
Bollywood actor Isha Koppikar rose to fame with her song, Khallas in Ram Gopal Varma’s Company and was soon seen in Sanjay Dutt’s Kaante where she grooved to yet another peppy number, Ishq Samundar. However, the actor has now claimed that she was promised a role in the Sanjay Gupta film but was later told that her part had to be cut down. She has also talked about getting sexual propositions from co-stars.
Speaking with Pinkvilla in an interview, Isha cited an incident, “(I was told that) He is an early morning person and I should meet him between his dubbing and shoot. I said, okay fine I will be there. He said whom are you coming with? I said I am coming with my driver. He said, ‘No, don’t come with anybody. Because these are the people who spread rumours.’ I said I am always with my staff, I have always been driven by my driver. Why should I drive and come? I knew what it was so I told him, ‘I think I am not free tomorrow, let me figure this out. I will let you know.’”
“I immediately called up the producer and I said ‘If you want me for my talent, I am here. But that’s it. You want me to perform for my talent and looks, I cannot be doing all this just for a role. That is what is intimidating for a lot of actors, when a woman says no they can’t take it,” she added.
“Nepotism? There were so many times that I would get a role and then somebody called..the father would call or the mother would call and then a starlet would get that part. I was about to go for the mahurat when it happened,” she said.
“I did Ishq Samundar also at the same time (as Khallas). It was actually supposed to be a role in the film but eventually it was not. I don’t really know what happened. I was told that it’s a role of Sanjay Dutt’s girlfriend. Then they told me they felt the length of the film (Kaante) was too long and they had to shorten so they had to do away with my role.”
Also Watch: ‘Depressing that more didn’t come out of Me Too movement’: Kunal Kapoor
She, however, added that she had not shot any scenes except the song. “We first shot the song. I was too naive and took people by face value. I don’t know if we can call it cheating but maybe, they could have done away with my part in the film. I don’t really know.”
“Producers told me I had to (get) friendly with my heroes, which I was never,” she added. Recently, Isha told Hindustan Times in an interview, “I will never be out of sight or out of mind, because I am too hot. As I am ageing, I am looking better. I won’t be out of mind, as I am a talented actor. There’s a lot for every talented person out there. I always had a great lifestyle. In 20s, you do different kind of cinema, in 30s and 40s too. I don’t really care, it doesn’t complicate my life. I am very content wherever I am.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.
- Gauahar Khan has shared a video of her father, recalling the 'most favourite memory' of her life. The actor's father died on Friday.
- Actor and politician Nafisa Ali has shared some glorious pictures from her youth. Needless to say, she looks beautiful in them. Check them out here.