Janhvi Kapoor reveals the advice she wants to give sister Khushi Kapoor before her Bollywood debut
Like her elder sister Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor also wants to become an actor. She has already begun prepping for the same, and is currently studying at the New York Film Academy to polish her skills.
In an interview with Rajeev Masand, Janhvi was asked what advice she would like to give Khushi to prepare her for a career in Bollywood. “I think one of the biggest learnings that I have had in the limited time I have spent in the industry is that at every given point of time, there are enough people that will tell you enough to make you feel that you are amazing and there are enough that will say enough to make you feel completely worthless. You need to somewhere not be delusional,” she said.
Though Janhvi is just two films old, she is aware how the fame that comes with the profession can misguide one. She wants Khushi not to get carried away either. “I don’t know about other things but I think that this is something that I have figured out. I know where I stand. I know my shortcomings, my potential and I know where I am in the scheme of things. I know where I can go and want to go, and all of those things. Yeah, that’s one thing I would want to tell her,” she said.
Currently, Janhvi has a number of interesting projects in her kitty – Sharan Sharma’s Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl, Hardik Mehta’s Roohi Afzana and Collin D’Cunha’s Dostana 2. Next month, she will also begin shooting for Karan Johar’s epic historical drama Takht.
Janhvi said that she is really looking forward to being a part of Takht. “I am excited because I have been such a fan – not a fan, but an admirer – of that period in history,” she said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan dropped a new picture with a friend and upped her glamour game. She is currently in New York.
- Actor Vidya Balan has said that it has taken her time to accept her body because, at one point in her life, she used to hate it.
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.