Kangana Ranaut on Hrithik Roshan: I need space, it can be overwhelming
Keeping mum on questions pertaining to her legal battle with actor Hrithik Roshan, actress Kangana Ranaut on Tuesday asked media to give celebrities their personal space. The Tanu Weds Manu Returns star was quizzed about her recent controversy involving Hrithik, where the duo had sent legal notices to each other.
Kangana, however, chose to ignore the question. When prodded further, the Queen actress said people should respect the private life of a celebrity. “Sometimes you guys (the media) have to allow that sort of personal space to a celebrity also. It can be very overwhelming. Strong just doesn’t mean you walk through life without being affected or intimidated. Being strong means standing up amid things in spite of all of this,” she told reporters.
Hrithik, 42, had sent a legal notice to Kangana last month, demanding an ‘unconditional apology’ for a ‘defaming’ remark in an interview where she allegedly referred to him as “silly ex”. Kangana, however, retaliated with a 21-page reply, charging Hrithik with “intimidation and threat”.
The 28-year-old actress said she was not shying away from talking about the issue but wants her own space as of now. “... So you have got to give us a little more personal space. It is not that I won’t talk about it, I will, but as of now please grant me that space and let’s talk about what we are here for.”
The actress was speaking at an event where she was named the new brand ambassador for a fashion brand, Melange by Lifestyle. Lawyers of both the stars had earlier said there is a need for a closure to the matter which had turned “ugly”.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Shyam Benegal goes down memory lane as his National Award winning film Zubeidaa completes two decades, recalls how Manoj Bajpayee was initially diffident to play a Maharaja and Karisma Kapoor was nervous.
- Kareena Kapoor has shared a picture of her lavish lunch, sent by cousin Armaan Jain. Check it out here.
- Anushka Sharma has congratulated Team India on their historic victory against Australia on Tuesday.
- Sherlyn Chopra has accused disgraced director Sajid Khan of sexual misconduct, adding that he's protected by the Bollywood 'mafia'.
- Pahlaj Nihalani has said that although he hasn't received an invitation, he's heard that Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal are tying the knot this weekend.
- After Alia Bhatt's reported hospitalisation for exertion, her Gangubai Kathiawadi co-star, Seema Pahwa, said that director Sanjay Leela Bhansali doesn't rush actors with work.
- Malaika Arora has shared a throwback picture from her Goa vacation with Arjun Kapoor, along with some advice. Rahul Khanna said that he'll try to follow it.