Kareena Kapoor to charge Rs 11 crore for brand campaign: report
Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan has reportedly been roped in to represent yet another brand and this time, she is charging a huge amount for it. According to a report in DNA, Kareena has signed on to be the ambassador of a health drink brand and will be paid Rs 11 crore for one year of work.
A source told the daily: “The health drink had been in talks with her for some time. They are apparently paying her Rs 11 crore to be their brand ambassador for one year. This includes promo shoots and marketing campaigns.” The report added that the amount is especially surprising considering her contemporaries usually charge Rs 5-6 crore for each brand.
The source added: “In the last 18 years, Kareena has been a consistent face of over 15 brands at any given point. Her brand equity has increased after marriage and motherhood...The beverage caters to kids, so the team felt that Bebo, who is also a mom, was an apt choice. She shot for the first few television commercials and a print campaign on Saturday.”
Kareena’s last film was Veere Di Wedding with Sonam Kapoor, Swara Bhaskar and Shikha Talsania. The film fared well at the box office. She will now be seen with Akshay Kumar in Good News. The film also stars Diljit Dosanjh and Kiara Advani and shooting is currently underway. Kareena-Akshay and Diljit-Kiara play couple who are trying to get pregnant.
After Good News, Kareena will begin work on Karan Johar’s Takht. The period film about Mughal emperor Aurangzeb and Dara Shikoh will star Ranveer Singh and Vicky Kaushal in the lead. The film will also star Alia Bhatt, Bhumi Pednekar, Anil Kapoor and Janhvi Kapoor.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.
- Irrfan Khan's son Babil got a detailed message from the actor's The Namesake co-star Kal Penn who said that he wasn't sure how to get in touch with the family to share his love and gratitude.
- Sara Ali Khan has shared a few adorable pictures with cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu (daughter of her aunt Soha Ali Khan) and the two have been called ‘cuteness queens’ by the internet.
- Ranveer Singh's sister Ritika Bhavnani celebrated her birthday on Saturday and the entire Bhavnani family came together to celebrate the occasion by stepping out for a family dinner.