Kubbra Sait slams Kabir Singh director Sandeep Vanga in hilarious video: ‘If you can’t slap yourself, you haven’t loved yourself’
Sandeep, during an interview with film critic Anupama Chopra, was asked about the allegations of toxic masculinity and poor treatment of women in his film. “When you are deeply in love and deeply connected to a woman (and vice versa), if you don’t have the liberty of slapping each other, then I don’t see anything there,” he had said.
Sharing the video, the Sacred Games actor wrote on Twitter, “This is what love will look like if men and WOMEN are taught that slapping is being emotional.” In a slow-mo video, Kubbra and filmmaker Goldie Behl are seen on a dim-lit terrace, slapping each other with their hands covered in oven mittens.
In another video she shared hours later, Kubbra slaps herself on the face and says, “If you can’t slap yourself, you haven’t really loved yourself.”
Vanga also directed the Telugu hit Arjun Reddy, of which Kabir Singh is an official remake. Among those who slammed Vanga’s comments are actor Samantha Akkineni, Gulshan Devaiah and badminton player Jwala Gutta. “Movie was a movie...but justifying physical abuse?? If u love someone u have the right to slap? Gosh...this guy needs to be shown all the love without physical hurt!! Pathetic!!” Gutta wrote on Twitter.
However, Sandeep has claimed he was misquoted in the interview. “You took me completely wrong. It’s not assault. When you’re so close to each other, when you can’t handle your worst thing with each other. And you don’t have the liberty of showing your worst side. The worst thing is not like ‘iss din daaru peeke aake maar rha hai’. It’s about the liberty of the expression between a couple who is deeply connected. It works for a woman also and it works for a man also. I spoke for both the sides. But sadly, they are quoting in a very wrong way,” he told Times Now.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Yami Gautam opens up about being asked to dress her age and aim at looking younger, just before the release of Vicky Donor.
- Swara Bhasker praises Taapsee Pannu for being an 'amazing girl with courage and conviction', adding that she should stand as a 'strong warrior'.
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Director Sooni Taraporevala has clarified that her accusations of plagiarism against the creatives behind an apparel ad have nothing to do with Deepika Padukone, who was featured in it.
- Tiger Shroff is among the most successful young stars. In an old interview, he had explained why buying a house for his parents was his most heroic act, off the screen.