Lokmat Awards 2018: When Ranveer Singh played Cupid, introduced Kartik Aaryan to Sara Ali Khan. See pics, videos
It is the awards season in Bollywood. After last week’s Star Screen awards, it was time for the Lokmat Most Stylish Awards 2018, and attending the function were a host of Bollywood stars including senior actors like Jeetendra, Jackie Shroff and latest star kids to make a film debut —Janhvi Kapoor and Sara Ali Khan.
Also seen were Bhumi Pednekar, Ranveer Singh, Rajkummar Rao, Kartik Aaryan, Urvashi Rautela and Zero director Aanand L Rai. Fashion designers Abu Janu-Sandeep Khosla and Masaba Gupta were spotted there too as was TV actor Amna Sharif.
A funny video of Sara and Ranveer, who are in the midst of Simmba promotions, is online where the actor greets Kartik and then leads him to Sara and introduces him to her. What’s more, he makes the two hold hands as well. Naughty that he is, he says: “Glad, you guys have met” with a mischievous grin on his face. It may be recalled that on Koffee With Karan, Sara had expressed a desire to date Kartik.
Meanwhile, all the stars turned up in their glittery best—while Janhvi chose a shiny, figure-flaunting white gown, Sara channelled her desi chic avatar in a white shimmery lehenga. Kartik looked dapper in a red and white western suit, while Ranveer was his maverick self in a tiger-printed black and gold jacket and black t-shirt and pants. The highlight of his look was, of course, Bappi Lahiri-inspired gold chains.
On the work front, all the stars have their hands full—after Simmba, Ranveer has Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy and Karan Johar’s multi-starrer Takht while Kartik has Luka Chupi with Kriti Sanon. Janhvi is a busy bee with Karan Johar’s directorial Takht and another unnamed Dharma Productions where she plays an Indian Air Force pilot. Sara made an impressive debut with Kedarnath earlier this month and will be seen with Ranveer in Simmba. Check out the pictures and video from the awards here:
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Deepika Padukone said that because of the upbringing she got, she believes in taking care of her home herself, instead of outsourcing duties to her staff.
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.