‘My girlfriend Alia is an overachiever’: Ranbir Kapoor says they’d have been married if the ‘pandemic hadn’t hit our lives’
Actor Ranbir Kapoor has said that he feels like a bit of an underachiever compared to his girlfriend, Alia Bhatt. Ranbir and Alia will star together for the first time in the long-delayed fantasy film, Brahmastra.
In a new interview, Ranbir said that while he spent many hours watching television shows and movies during the lockdown, Alia took every class under the sun.
Asked if he took any online classes during the lockdown, he told journalist Rajeev Masand, “My girlfriend Alia is a bit of an overachiever, and she probably took every class there is -- from guitar to screenwriting. I always feel like an underachiever next to her. But no, I didn’t take any classes. Initially we were dealing with the family crisis, and then I got into reading, spent time with my family, and I watch two-three films every day.”
ALSO WATCH | Alia Bhatt runs around with abandon in forest, embraces her inner child
Asked if he’s planning to get married anytime soon, Ranbir said that the deal would’ve been ‘sealed’ had the ‘pandemic not hit our lives’. “I don’t want to jinx it by saying anything. I want to tick mark that goal very soon in my life,” he said.
Ranbir and Alia spent the lockdown together, and it was recently reported that she had purchased a property in the same apartment complex as Ranbir. According to Pinkvilla, while Ranbir stays on the 7th floor, Alia bought a place on the 5th floor of the same Vaastu Pali Hill complex for Rs 32 crore. Incidentally, the tower is close to the Kapoor family’s Krishna Raj bungalow.
Brahmastra, which also stars Amitabh Bachchan, Nagarjuna Akkineni and Dimple Kapadia, has seen quite a few delays since its production began in 2018. The film’s director, Ayan Mukerji, had said that the film will offer the audience ‘something that’s really new and amazing and next level’.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.
- Film producer Rhea Kapoor got love from a number of Bollywood beauties including Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Karisma Kapoor on her birthday.