Nick Jonas posts emotional note for Priyanka Chopra’s dad on Father’s Day: ‘I wish I would have had the chance to meet you’
American singer and Priyanka Chopra’s husband Nick Jonas on Sunday took to Instagram to post an emotional note on his late father-in-law Dr Ashok Chopra and his own dad Kevin Jonas Sr on the occasion of Father’s Day.
He wrote: “Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there! My dad is and has always been my hero. Love and miss you @papakjonas. Dr. Ashok Chopra, I wish I would have had the chance to meet you. You raised an incredible daughter, and I’m so blessed we found each other. And to everyone not able to be with their fathers I’m thinking of you today and sending you love.”
Earlier in the day, Priyanka too had written about their respective fathers. She had said: “Maybe we both got it from our fathers ♥ #HappyFathersDay to everyone celebrating @nickjonas @papakjonas.”
Father’s Day is celebrated on third Sunday of June every year. Both the stars are very close to their respective fathers and often share pictures with them. Priyanka has a tattoo, which reads ‘Daddy girl’. On several occasions, the actor has spoken lovingly of her father. On his death anniversary on June 10, she had written: “We’re connected by heartstrings to infinity Miss you dad, every single day!”
Since both her parents were in the Indian Army, on Memorial Day, Priyanka had posted a picture of both in their uniform and had written: “Both my parents served in the Indian Army... and maybe that’s why I feel such a kinship with military families all over the world. Today let’s think of all the fallen heroes that have given their lives in service to protect our freedom. #memorialday @madhumalati #LtcolAshokChopra.”
On her’s dad’s birth anniversary last year, she had written: “Every year on this day Sid and I would look for ways to surprise you... but we never managed to do so! You always knew everything... So I hope wherever you are, You know that you are with us everyday. In everything I do, I think about your encouragement... In every choice I make, I ask for your affirmation... In everything that happens to me, I am grateful for your blessings. Happy Birthday Dad. I wish you were here everyday! We love you. @siddharthchopra89 @madhumalati P.S. - the background song was one of dad’s favourites... one he always used to sing for mom.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.
- Sara Ali Khan is in Jaipur. While she hasn't mentioned the reason behind her visit, it appears that she is in the pink city for a wedding. Sara and Manish Malhotra shared many pictures from the venue.
- Yami Gautam had previously opened up about a prolonged neck injury that affected her routine life. The actor has now detailed in on a road accident that left her with the injury.
- Sisters Malaika Arora and Amrita Arora posted pictures of their mom to wish her on her birthday and close friend Karisma Kapoor was among the first ones to comment.
- Akshay Kumar presented the first poster of Ahan Shetty's debut film, Tadap. Ahan is the son of actor Suniel Shetty. The film also stars Tara Sutaria. See the poster here.
- John Abraham posed for a slightly different picture on Tuesday. He was seen posing with nothing but a pillow as he waited for his clothes on film sets.
- Anushka Sharma gave fans a look at the view of the sea from her Mumbai home. Anushka has been enjoying life as a new mother since welcoming daughter Vamika in January.
- Bipasha Basu has shared Bipapictures of herself and a funny video of her husband Karan Singh Grover from their Maldives vacation. Check them out here.
- Happy birthday Tiger Shroff: If you thought the Baaghi's star's features were hard to define and did not fit into the more desi definition of good looks, then you must read about his family background.