Priyanka Chopra says Nick Jonas cried after watching The Sky Is Pink climax, director told her ‘You made your husband cry’
Actor Priyanka Chopra has said the final scene of her upcoming movie, The Sky Is Pink made her husband, American singer Nick Jonas, cry. The actor said the shooting schedule of the Shonali Bose-directed movie got over just four days before her December wedding to Nick and the singer visited the sets during the filming of the final scene.
The film, directed by Shonali Bose, is a love story of motivational speaker Aisha Chaudhary’s parents. Aisha was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. “I was filming The Sky Is Pink till four days before my wedding and Nick was on set. We were doing prep for the wedding on set and my co-producers and Shonali, they were so accommodating,” the actor said during an interview at EW and People’s studio at Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
Bose recalled “the last scene we were shooting before their wedding” made Nick emotional. “We had told (Nick) to come at the end because we were doing some champagne and cake for them, but he came a little early and we were out in the dark and (Priyanka) was doing a very, very intense scene and I heard a sniff and I suddenly turned and there was Nick standing next to me and he was just crying,” Bose added.
She goes, You made your husband cry. This is a great scene’ Priyanka said of Bose. Priyanka, along with the team of The Sky Is Pink, is currently attending the TIFF where the film is having its world premiere. The movie also features Farhan Akhtar, Zaira Wasim and Rohit Saraf.
Juhi Chaturvedi has penned the story. The Sky is Pink is Priyanka’s first Hindi project, which she is also producing, after she headed for Hollywood in 2016.
It is scheduled for an October 11 release.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.