Priyanka Chopra shares stage with Bill Clinton
Priyanka Chopra is one of the few Bollywood celebrities who have made an impact in the west.
While she had collaborated with renowned musicians like Pitbull and Will.I.Am in the past, she was recently invited to be a speaker at the 50th anniversary of the World Leaders Education First Campaign in Boston, US. And, Priyanka got to share stage with several dignitaries there, including former US President Bill Clinton.
It was her concern towards girls’ rights that caught the attention of the organisers. “Her views on female education that were published in an article attracted the attention of the event’s officials. When they learnt about her support towards the cause of girls’ rights, they invited her to be one of the speakers at the summit,” says a source close to the actor.
At the event, which was also attended by dignitaries like former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown, among others, Priyanka spoke on girls’ education.
“She has been endorsing the cause for many years and expressed her thoughts at the summit. Her speech received a standing ovation,” says the source.
Sharing the experience she had at the summit, Priyanka, a huge admirer of Clinton, says, “It was a huge honour to share the same platform with an illustrious group that is as passionate about this cause (girls’ education) as I am. It was great to share ideas and discuss various opportunities to drive change.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut once claimed credit for some iconic scenes in Queen, and said that she did not expect much from the film.
- Ibrahim Ali Khan's friend has shared a picture with the star kid from their family home, Pataudi Palace. See it here.
- Actor Ankita Lokhande has defended Mahhi Vij and Jay Bhanushali against allegations that they abandoned their foster children.
- Karan Johar took to Instagram and shared a video of his children Roohi and Yash role-playing as a mother-son duo.
- Shraddha Kapoor and Ranveer Singh were spotted at the birthday bash of her rumoured boyfriend, celebrity photographer Rohan Shrestha. See pictures here.
- Kangana Ranaut has said that she did Queen 'for money' and never thought it would even be released. The film celebrates its seventh anniversary on Sunday.
- Pictures of Shah Rukh Khan at his parents' grave site in New Delhi showed the actor paying his respects. Shah Rukh's parents died when he was very young.
- Pooja Bhatt has revealed the advice her father Mahesh Bhatt gave her before shooting a romantic scene with Sanjay Dutt in Sadak.
- Sonam Kapoor, who lives in London, shared a throwback picture from their childhood to wish Janhvi Kapoor on her birthday. See here.
- An unseen picture of Saif Ali Khan with his son Ibrahim Ali Khan from latter's birthday bash has surfaced online. See it here.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared information about a new restaurant called Sona in New York. She has been creatively involved with it from contributing in its design, menu, music and even with its name.
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.