Ranveer Singh shares special birthday post for ‘colossus of a captain, gem of a person’ Kapil Dev. See here
Actor Ranveer Singh has shared a special video on former cricketer Kapil Dev’s birthday on Wednesday. Ranveer will play Kapil in the upcoming sports drama 83, based on Team India’s underdog victory at the 1983 Cricket World Cup.
“Colossus of a Captain! Gem of a person! Thank you Sir for embracing us and allowing us to tell your extraordinary story! Here’s wishing the OG @therealkapildev good health and joy on his special day! #ThisIs83 #HappyBirthdayKapilDev,” Ranveer captioned his post. The video showed Kapil saying encouraging words about following your dream and not buckling under pressure.
Ranveer in an earlier interview to Hindustan Times had expressed gratitude at being able to spend time with Kapil, to prepare for the film. “Kapil sir and his family are very warm, kind and generous people. I’ll be ever grateful to them for being so magnanimous in helping me during this unique character study. Their large-heartedness was touching... something I’ll never forget. They’ve blessed me,” he’d said.
“Initially, the character seemed daunting. To portray a living legend fills one with a sense of responsibility. But after having put in the work towards building the character, I feel more prepared and less anxious,” Ranveer added.
Directed by Kabir Khan, 83 also stars Ranveer’s real life wife Deepika Padukone, as Kapil’s wife, Romi. Other cast members include Tahir Raj Bhasin, Saqib Saleem, Harrdy Sandhu, Ammy Virk, Jiiva, Pankaj Tripathi, Boman Irani, Nishant Dahiya, Sahil Khattar and Amrita Puri.
The film was initially slated for an April 2020 release, which was pushed to Christmas due to the coronavirus pandemic. The film was further delayed to 2021.
Follow @hthshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, talked about going through depression but not opening up about it. She said that she did not have anyone to support her except her family and some fans.
- Bhumi Pednekar shared a number of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the making of Sonchiriya as the film completed two years of its release. She included a special dedication for Sushant Singh Rajput.
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.