Richa Chadha to support solar power project for school kids in Bulandshahar
Actor Richa Chadha has time and again expressed her desire to help people in need. Taking a step in this direction, the actor has recently joined hands with her aunt, who runs a charitable school in Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh, to set up a solar power project. The problem of power cuts persist in the city due to which education of children is suffering.
“Solar energy is an under-utilised clean source of energy in our country. I am glad I’m able to do something, even at this small level in order to ensure that the kids at this school can have electricity and also understand the power of green energy,” says Chadha.
“The school has been run by her aunt for over 20 years. She left her life in Delhi to start this school which aims to provide affordable education till High School for all children of the town who belong to low income groups. Since the town has incessant power cuts, Richa has now stepped in to help set up a solar project so that the school never stops operation due to lack of power. She is very excited about this project because she knows this will help school kids who are very serious about their studies,” says a source.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, talked about going through depression but not opening up about it. She said that she did not have anyone to support her except her family and some fans.
- Bhumi Pednekar shared a number of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the making of Sonchiriya as the film completed two years of its release. She included a special dedication for Sushant Singh Rajput.
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.