Saif Ali Khan in talks for Netflix film: ‘I absolutely loved the script, the idea and the director’
Actor Saif Ali Khan has revealed he is currently in the final stage of signing a Netflix film. He was one of the first mainstream Bollywood stars to enter the digital medium with Netflix’s Sacred Games in 2018.
The new film, details of which are under wraps, would mark Khan’s return to the streaming platform. “I recently heard a wonderful script for a Netflix movie. I absolutely loved the script, the idea and the director. We are trying to sort out the dates before we lock. We are almost there,” he told PTI.
The 50-year-old actor has a packed line-up of releases ahead. He recently finished filming Bunty Aur Babli 2 co-starring Rani Mukerji. Touted as a “rebooted sequel” to 2005 original, the film also features actors Siddhant Chaturvedi and Sharvari.
With Bhoot Police—currently being shot with actors Arjun Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez and Yami Gautam—the actor will delve in horror-comedy for the first time. Khan would then feature as Lankesh in the multilingual period saga Adipurush-- an onscreen adaptation of the Indian epic Ramayana.
The film, also featuring Baahubali star Prabhas as Lord Ram, marks his second collaboration with director Om Raut after the hit Tanhaji. On the digital space, Khan would feature in filmmaker Ali Abbas Zafar’s Tandav as a politician. The Amazon Prime Video show is already set for a season two, he said.
“I am excited with my lineup. I feel Bhoot Police and Adipurush need to release on the big screen. They are large screen family entertainers. I want both films to be 3D, Adipurush definitely will be. In Adipurush, I play Raavan and it’s just so exciting.” Khan said even though he has deep dived into his role in Adipurush, he is looking forward to how the character will be brought to life on-screen.
“Apart from being one of the deadliest roles in mythology and our culture, it’s also how will he be interpreted and presented. Will he have ten heads all the time, how do you show it, bring in state of the art computer graphics. That’s am exciting area. We are working on those things,” he added.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
- "The whole world is laughing at us today," Kangana Ranaut wrote in a new tweet, targeting Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra.
- Actor Salman Khan, in his Republic Day message for fans, called for unity. Read what he has to say here.