Saif Ali Khan says mom Sharmila Tagore’s lockdown attitude scares him: ‘She is suddenly saying she has had full life, no regrets’
Actor Saif Ali Khan is in self-isolation with actor wife Kareena Kapoor Khan and their son Taimur at their Mumbai residence. He is away from his mother and veteran actor Sharmila Tagore, who lives in Delhi. As if being apart from his mother wasn’t discomforting enough amid a pandemic lockdown, he says the things she has been saying lately have not helped calm his nerves either.
In an interview to Mumbai Mirror, Saif talked in detail about his days in the lockdown and how he worries for his mother and sister Saba. “I do worry about my mother, but she is suddenly sounding extremely wise, saying she has had a full life and has no regrets. It’s scary, listening to such stuff,” he said. He added that Saba is miffed with him and that he misses seeing his other sister Soha.
“She believes we knew about this happening well in advance and kept the news from her. I’m also not getting to see my other sister (Soha) these days, but we call each other often. When on a voyage, you do cut off from everything and everyone,” he said.
In the interview, Saif compared the lockdown with a voyage on a 19th century ship. “You can see the land from afar but you are separated from it by an expanse of water,” he says. However, he agrees that technology has made keeping in touch with one’s friends and family much easier now.
Also Watch | Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan & others arrive in style at Armaan Jain’s roka
Saif is spending his days teaching gardening to Taimur and cooking with Kareena. He said he has been trying to cook some Mediterranean dishes and that Kareena loved his spaghetti with meatballs. Kareena, meanwhile, keeps sharing glimpses into their life under lockdown on Instagram.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.