Sara Ali Khan on rumoured rivalry with Janhvi Kapoor: There’s room for us both
Sara Ali Khan in a new interview spoke about how her half-brother, Taimur Ali Khan, makes news every time he steps out of the house, while others have to work for it. She also spoke about how humorous she finds her ‘rivalry’ with actor Janhvi Kapoor.
Sara, the daughter of actors Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh, told Filmfare that she and Janhvi have mutual admiration for each other. “This whole thing (rivalry) about Janhvi and me is so funny,” she said. “We’re both extremely comfortable and confident in our skin. The first five times people made collages of us on Instagram asking ‘who’s better?’ we sent it to each other. Now we don’t because it happens every week.”
Sara continued, “But seriously, the industry is huge and has place for everyone. You’ve got to be comfortable in your skin and respect the other’s job as well. I respect hers, she respects mine and at the risk of speaking for her, we respect even those people who make those collages. Their money also depends on it. Do it, we don’t mind. Some days she’ll look better, some days I’ll look better. It’s all good.”
Sara, who made her film debut with 2018’s Kedarnath and quickly followed it up with Simmba, says the biggest compliment she received for her performance was when someone told her that “Kedarnath doesn’t seem like my first film”.
Kedarnath was a troubled production, with numerous starts and stops, and even a brief lawsuit against her. It turned out to be a modest box office success. But Simmba became a behemoth, grossing close to Rs 400 crore worldwide. She rumoured to be in the running to play the lead in the new Imtiaz Ali film.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.