Shahid Kapoor, Kiara Advani come together for a Honey Singh music video, a remake of ’90s song Urvashi. Watch
Shahid Kapoor, who has recently been in news for the birth of his son Zain, is getting back to work. While he has films like Arjun Reddy and a biopic on boxer Dingko Singh in his kitty, the actor has taken time out to feature in a music video called Urvashi.
Shahid shared a clip of a remake of ’90s AR Rahman hit and wrote: “Take it easy, #Urvashi.”
The music video, which is being presented by Bhushan Kumar of T Series, has been sung by Yo Yo Honey Singh and is a modern rendition of AR Rahman’s 1990’s hit song, Urvashi. It will feature Kiara Advani too.
Meanwhile, on the work front, Shahid’s most recent release Batti Gul Meter Chalu tanked at the box office. He will soon begin work on the Hindi remake of Telugu sleeper hit of 2017, Arjun Reddy. A relationship drama which told the story of a brilliant student of medicine with major anger management issues, the film was noticeable for its rawness, its realism and the emotional arc of its main characters. It was lapped up by the audience and lauded by critics. Incidentally, Kiara Advani will feature in the film as its female lead.
Earlier, speaking about the Telugu original, Shahid had said: “I usually don’t watch too many films in Telugu and it surprised me with its tonality, rawness, simplicity and the fact that it was so real and believable. The character is very fascinating for me as an actor because the emotional arc... is very original. I loved it and Vijay Deverakonda, who played Arjun, did it so well.”
According to a report in Indian Express, the film will be directed by Arjun Reddy director Sandeep Vanga, who is making his Hindi directorial debut with the film. Incidentally, the Tamil remake will feature actor Chiyaan Vikram’s son, Dhruv.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.
- Actor Maanvi Gagroo, who has appeared in Four More Shots Please! and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, complained to an OTT platform after its name was used as bait by someone who told her she had to 'compromise' for a role.
- Shahid Kapoor's wife, Mira Rajput, has shared new posts from their Goa vacation. Check them out.
- Sushmita Sen's daughter Renee said that she never felt the need to know about her biological parents. She also expressed her desire to adopt children someday.
- Imran Khan's estranged wife, Avantika Malik, has shared a cryptic note about finding comfort on the 'darkest, quietest nights'.