Shweta Basu Prasad ends marriage after an year, announces separation with Rohit Mittal: ‘Some things are just best left unfinished’
Actor Shweta Basu Prasad has announced her separation from husband Rohit Mittal after one year of marriage. She got married in December last year.
In a post shared on Instagram late Monday, Shweta wrote, “Hi everyone, Rohit Mittal and I have mutually decided to part our ways and end our marriage. After months of contemplation, we arrived at this decision few months ago in each other’s best interest, as individuals. Not every book is supposed to be read cover to cover, that doesn’t mean the book is bad, or one can’t read, some things are just best left unfinished. Thank you Rohit for the irreplaceable memories and always inspiring me. Have a great life ahead, forever your cheerleader.”
Shweta tied the knot with her long-time boyfriend Rohit as per Hindu traditions on December 13, 2018 in Pune in the presence of family and friends.
She shot to fame as a child actor in popular television show Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. She also featured in the show Karishma Kaa Karishma. She returned to the small screen by bagging the lead role in the TV show, Chandra Nandini. She has also had a stint in films and has featured in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Bengali films. Her last film was Varun Dhawan’s sister-in-law in Badrinath Ki Dulhania.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.
- Film producer Rhea Kapoor got love from a number of Bollywood beauties including Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Karisma Kapoor on her birthday.
Kunal Kemmu: We will have to wait and gauge the appetite of audiences to watch films on the big screen
- TV host Rannvijay Singha took to Instagram to post a cute family picture with wife Prianka and daughter Kainaat to make the announcement.
- Saina Nehwal has praised the teaser of her biopic Saina, which features Parineeti Chopra as the noted badminton player.
- Kareena Kapoor took to Instagram to wish Saif Ali Khan's son Ibrahim Ali Khan as he turned 20. She shared a photo of him from a recent shoot.
- Mandira Bedi has put up her Madh Island house on Airbnb. The actor has reportedly been working tirelessly to refurbish the place before letting it out. See pictures here.
- Gauahar Khan's father died on Friday after being admitted in a hospital for several days. The actor had been posting about him as she kept close to him in his last days.