Sushant Singh Rajput dead: Lesser known facts about Chhichhore actor
On Sunday, came yet another shocking news - death of talented Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput. He was 34. The Mumbai Police are suspecting death by suicide.
The actor who hit the limelight with TV show Pavitra Rishta (2009–11) began his career a year before with the serial Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil. After a successful run on TV, he was able to make an equally successful transition to the big screen. He worked in successful films like Shuddh Desi Romance (2013), Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! (2015), PK (2014), MS Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016), Kedarnath (2018) and Chhichhore (2019).
Even as the nation grieves the death of the actor, here are some lesser known facts about him:
1. Sushant’s family hails from Bihar and the actor was born in Patna. He lost his mother early in life in 2002 and used to often share social media posts on her. His sister Mitu Singh is a state-level cricketer.
2. He took admission into Delhi College of Engineering, now known as Delhi Technical University (DTU), but dropped out after completing three years to pursue a career in stage and acting. He reportedly cleared as many as 11 engineering entrance exams. He was a National level Olympiad winner in Physics.
ALSO WATCH | Sushant Rajput no more: PM Modi, Shah Rukh Khan, Virat Kohli, others pay tribute
3. While in Delhi, Sushant had attended acting classes by Barry John and after moving to Mumbai, he was also part of Nadira Babbar’s Ekjute theatre group. He had also been part of Shiamak Davar’s dance in Delhi.
4.Sushant was in a 6-year-old relationship with fellow actor Ankita Lokhande before they split in 2016.
5. Sushant had a passion for astronomy - his Instagram account was proof of it and he would often post pictures from hi star gazing experiments. He owned a telescope as well. In 2018, he had bought an expensive, Boeing 737 Fixed Base Flight Simulator too.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Shyam Benegal goes down memory lane as his National Award winning film Zubeidaa completes two decades, recalls how Manoj Bajpayee was initially diffident to play a Maharaja and Karisma Kapoor was nervous.
- Kareena Kapoor has shared a picture of her lavish lunch, sent by cousin Armaan Jain. Check it out here.
- Anushka Sharma has congratulated Team India on their historic victory against Australia on Tuesday.
- Sherlyn Chopra has accused disgraced director Sajid Khan of sexual misconduct, adding that he's protected by the Bollywood 'mafia'.
- Pahlaj Nihalani has said that although he hasn't received an invitation, he's heard that Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal are tying the knot this weekend.
- After Alia Bhatt's reported hospitalisation for exertion, her Gangubai Kathiawadi co-star, Seema Pahwa, said that director Sanjay Leela Bhansali doesn't rush actors with work.
- Malaika Arora has shared a throwback picture from her Goa vacation with Arjun Kapoor, along with some advice. Rahul Khanna said that he'll try to follow it.
- Actor Deepika Padukone answered quirky questions in an Instagram Ask Me Anything session on Tuesday.