UPDATED ON SEP 16, 2021 10:35 AM IST
Former captain and batting legend Sunil Gavaskar is doubtful over Ashwin getting a chance to feature in the mega ICC event.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 16, 2021 07:29 AM IST
Suresh Raina was asked to rank the three captains, and he was pretty clear where to place Dravid, Dhoni and Kohli in his top three.
UPDATED ON SEP 15, 2021 01:15 PM IST
Batsman Robin Uthappa, who was a part of the World Cup winning squad, has revealed that Dhoni backed his instincts throughout the tournament which helped India return victorious.
UPDATED ON SEP 15, 2021 03:54 PM IST
- With MS Dhoni being appointed as India's mentor for the T20 World Cup, there have been talks whether it's an indication of bigger things to come.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 15, 2021 11:44 AM IST
DeepakC Chahar revealed his journey from getting selected as a batting all-rounder for the Rising Pune Supergiants, by coach Stephen Fleming, in 2016 to landing in the Chennai Super Kings dressing room in 2018.
UPDATED ON SEP 15, 2021 07:30 AM IST
Between Dhoni and Ganguly, who is the better captain has always been a tough and tricky question to answer, but Sehwag knows who the 'best' among the two is.
UPDATED ON SEP 14, 2021 10:05 AM IST
- For the last few days, fans and the world of cricket have been wondering the rationale behind the move, and finally, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly has revealed why the decision to make MS Dhoni the mentor of the team for the T20 World Cup was taken.
By Amrit Mathur
UPDATED ON SEP 14, 2021 08:33 AM IST
- Now, MSD the Bahubali has switched roles and is a margdarshak, teacher, guide…mentor, to be precise, as Jay Shah announced.
UPDATED ON SEP 12, 2021 03:01 PM IST
In a coversation with Sony Sports network, former cricketer-turned-commentator Ajay Jadeja stated that he couldn’t understand the motive behind the move.
By hindustantimes.com, New Delhi, Hindustan Times
PUBLISHED ON SEP 11, 2021 12:45 PM IST
Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion at 1pm. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 11, 2021 12:16 PM IST
- India's 1983 World Cup-winning captain Kapil Dev welcomed BCCI's decision to appoint Dhoni as India's mentor for T20 World Cup. But he did throw up an interesting point saying that a player perhaps should return to mainstream scheme of things only after three-four years of his retirement.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 10, 2021 09:59 AM IST
Former Pakistan captain lauded BCCI's decision to bring Dhoni onboard as he believes that the presence of former India captain will inspire the team a lot.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 10, 2021 08:42 AM IST
Former India batsman Gautam Gambhir feels Suryakumar Yadav will prove to be an excellent option for India batting at no. 4 in the upcoming T20 World Cup.
UPDATED ON SEP 10, 2021 07:34 AM IST
Gavaskar cited an example how his appointment as a consultant for India in 2004 had created insecurity in the mind of then head coach John Wright.
By Rasesh Mandani, Mumbai
PUBLISHED ON SEP 09, 2021 11:26 PM IST
- The former captain could get a say in deciding the playing XI and had made it clear to the BCCI that he would not want an ornamental role.
UPDATED ON SEP 09, 2021 10:25 PM IST
Former MPCA life member Sanjeev Gupta, who has previously filed a series of Conflict of interest complaints against players and administrators, has sent a letter to the apex council members that Dhoni's appointment is a violation of the Conflict of Interest clause.
UPDATED ON SEP 10, 2021 08:46 AM IST
- Sourav Ganguly thanked MS Dhoni for accepting the board's offer to be mentor of the Indian side for the T20 World Cup in UAE and Oman in October-November this year.
UPDATED ON SEP 09, 2021 07:22 PM IST
- Former India opener Gautam Gambhir reckons MS Dhoni's experiences of handling pressure in important games will be a huge advantage for the young players picked for the T20 World Cup.
UPDATED ON SEP 09, 2021 02:34 PM IST
- Suresh Raina was the latest to join the long list of stars expressing their thoughts on Dhoni being named mentor of Team India for T20 World Cup. Raina welcomed the board’s ‘fabulous decision’ and termed India’s T20 World Cup side a ‘balanced’ one.
UPDATED ON SEP 09, 2021 01:10 PM IST
Former India opener Wasim Jaffer came up with a hilarious meme to describe Dhoni’s entry in the Indian dressing room.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 09, 2021 12:19 PM IST
“It is an excellent decision to bring MS Dhoni on board as the mentor for the team. MS, Ravi Shastri, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma form a very potent leadership group and this decision enhances the team's chances at the ICC T20 World Cup,” said the former BCCI treasurer
PUBLISHED ON SEP 09, 2021 08:34 AM IST
Ashwin took to Twitter and expressed his joy of being named in the T20 World Cup squad which also marked his first white-ball selection since 2017.
UPDATED ON SEP 09, 2021 03:46 PM IST
- T20 World Cup: BCCI announced India's squad for T20 World Cup and also revealed that former skipper MS Dhoni will mentor the side.
UPDATED ON SEP 08, 2021 10:00 PM IST
MS Dhoni, who had brought about a revolution in Indian cricket, as he led a young team to the title in the maiden ICC T20 World Cup in 2007, announced his retirement on August 15, 2020.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 04, 2021 07:18 AM IST
- Ravi Shastri said MS Dhoni was only 10 Tests shy of playing a 100 Test and he was still one of the fittest cricketers going around.
By Somshuvra Laha, Kolkata
UPDATED ON SEP 01, 2021 06:47 PM IST
Kohli is India’s most successful captain till date, winning 37 out of 64 Tests he has led. Of those 37, five have come in Australia, England and South Africa, four in the Caribbean, five in Sri Lanka and 23 at home.
UPDATED ON SEP 01, 2021 07:35 PM IST
Pietersen on Tuesday shared a video on Twitter in which he could be seen revisiting The Oval. He spoke about the experience of playing at that ground and explained how he outfoxed Dhoni in 2007.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 30, 2021 05:21 PM IST
Binny revealed the best moment of his cricketing sting with Team India. In an interview, the 37-year-old said receiving his debut Test cap from former captain MS Dhoni is the moment he would cherish for life.
UPDATED ON AUG 15, 2021 03:19 PM IST
- While fans were hoping to see him at the T20 World Cup last year, the pandemic forced the tournament to be postponed, and on August 15th, Dhoni announced his international retirement.
UPDATED ON AUG 14, 2021 08:43 AM IST
- The 23-year-old left-handed wicket-keeper batsman has struck fifties on debut for India in both 20 overs and 50-over cricket. He has impressed everyone with his fearless approach while batting.