‘Sushant Singh Rajput died by suicide, there can be no doubts now’: AIIMS panel head responds to claims of ‘U-turn’, viral video
Dr Sudhir Gupta, who headed the AIIMS panel tasked with re-evaluating Sushant Singh Rajput’s post-mortem report, has responded to news stories circulating about his alleged change of heart. An old interview of Dr Gupta, in which he says that protocol wasn’t followed by officials who conducted Sushant’s post-mortem, resurfaced on Monday, days after he said that the actor died by suicide.
The doctor confirmed that with the knowledge that he has now, and didn’t a few months ago, there can be no doubt that Sushant died by suicide. He also responded to a viral video that claimed that he earlier thought Sushant Singh Rajput was murdered. “Yes, everyone doubted when CBI started its investigation. We investigated all doubts and then came with this opinion. Now, there should be no doubts. It was a seven member team of doctors who came to this conclusion that SSR died by suicide,” he told India Today. Dr Gupta said that when he had made his previous statement, crime scene pictures hadn’t been made available to the forensics team.
On Saturday, while speaking to media, Dr Gupta ruled out the murder theory. “There were no injuries on the body other than of hanging. There were no marks of struggle/scuffle on the body and clothes of the deceased,” Dr Gupta told ANI, adding, “The presence of any sedative material was not detected by Bombay FSL and AIIMS toxicology lab. The complete examination of ligature mark over the neck was consistent with hanging.”
Many, including Sushant’s sister and Vikas Singh, the lawyer representing the family, have expressed dissatisfaction with the AIIMS report. Shweta in a social media post said that ‘all eyes are on the CBI’, as the family awaits official word on the case. “This kind of U-turn must be investigated,” Shweta had demanded in an Instagram post, reacting to Dr Gupta’s resurfaced interview.
Vikas Singh had tweeted, “Highly perturbed with AIIMS report. Going to request CBI Director to constitute a fresh Forensic team . How could AIIMS team give a conclusive report in the absence of the body,that too on such shoddy post mortem done by Cooper hospital wherein time of death also not mentioned.”
Sushant died on June 14. The investigation into his death is being conducted by the CBI. The Narcotics Control Bureau and the Enforcement Directorate are probing separate angles in the case.
If you need support or know someone who does, please reach out to your nearest mental health specialist. Helplines: Aasra: 022 2754 6669; Sneha India Foundation: +914424640050 and Sanjivini: 011-24311918
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.