Swara Bhaskar describes her photoshoot: ‘Torn stockings and mismatching bedsheets, a bad metaphor for life?’
Actor Swara Bhaskar recently did a photoshoot but she was also quick to crack jokes at her own expense. While hilariously and realistically describing the props at her photoshoot, Swara also called herself “queen of sh**ty captions”.
Sharing behind-the-scenes images from the shoot, Swara wrote, “Torn stockings and mismatching bed sheets.. a bad metaphor for life?!? #QueenOfSh**tyCaptions.”
On a serious note, Swara also praised her team and tweeted, “I work with so many wonderful people whose talent, hard work and passion makes me look good.. I’m SO grateful for all of you! #gratitude #feelingblessed.”
Swara also posted a few images.
Swara was recently seen in Netflix original Bhaag Beanie Bhaag, a comic satire on expectations from a middle-class Indian woman. Swara plays a woman who is breaking stereotypes and running after her ambition of being a stand-up comic.It is directed by Debbie Rao of Pushpavalli fame, Abi Varghese and Ishaan Nair.
Responding to similarities being drawn between The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Bhaag Beanie Bhaag, Swara told PTI, “I hadn’t seen Mrs Maisel before I shot this show. I saw it in the lockdown and that show is iconic and amazing. Our show is about Beanie trying to be a stand-up comic and her struggles. Definitely those similarities are there and they will exist but that doesn’t make the show similar to any other show in any way. Now any film on woman trying to be a pilot will be compared to Gunjan Saxena.”
After making her debut in 2010 with Hrithik Roshan-starrer Guzaarish, Swara made a mark only in 2011-12 when she featured in Anand L Rai’s Tanu Weds Manu which featured R Madhavan and Kangana Ranaut in lead roles. She has since carried films like Nil Battey Sannatta and Anarkali of Aarah on her shoulders.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt were clicked at an ad shoot with director Gauri Shinde. Check out some behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot here.
- Salman Khan said he feels 'awkward' and 'embarrassed' but at the same time, 'delighted' and 'honoured', to have his painting displayed alongside legends at an art show.
- Dr. Shriram Nene prepared a homemade pizza for Madhuri Dixit. As he shared a picture of it on Instagram, many of their fans showered compliments.
- Sara Ali Khan took to Instagram and revealed that she and her mother Amrita Singh visited Ajmer Sharif Dargah on Friday.
- Parineeti Chopra shared a new song - Matlabi Yariyan - from her upcoming film, The Girl On The Train. The actor has sung the soulful ballad. Watch here.
- Sara Ali Khan and her mother Amrita Singh were seen twinning in green at Mumbai airport on Thursday. See their pictures here.
- Sharmila Tagore had once talked about how Kareena Kapoor had her birthday when Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was hospitalised but chose not to draw attention towards herself.
- Mumbai Saga trailer has John Abraham and Emraan Hashmi locking horns with Mumbai streets as the arena. Watch the trailer here.
- Pulkit Samrat shared a funny picture of himself and his beauty regimen and credited girlfriend Kriti Kharbanda for it. See her response here.