When Sonakshi Sinha replied to Kareena Kapoor’s cheeky comment that housewife could be her alternate career
Host Karan Johar is known to stoke Bollywood rivalries on his chat show, Koffee with Karan. One of the ways he does it is to ask actors questions that put them on the spot. But on many occasions, actors allow their innermost feelings about their contemporaries to escape.
One such incident happened when Kareena Kapoor Khan said that Sonakshi Sinha should consider being a housewife as an alternate career option, and Sonakshi responded by saying that Kareena should consider becoming a gossip columnist.
In an appearance on the show, Sonakshi, who turned 33 on Tuesday, was asked to suggest alternate career options for her contemporaries. While she said that Parineeti Chopra could return to marketing, because “that’s what she was doing earlier,” she said that Alia Bhatt should complete her education. Asked what Kareena should consider doing, Sonakshi said that she “should turn into a gossip columnist.”
Also Watch | ‘1st thing after it ends...’: Sonakshi Sinha will do this after lockdown
For context, in a similar question-and-answer round, Kareena has said that Sonakshi would be suited to a life as a housewife. Reacting to Kareena’s comment, Sonakshi had said in a magazine interview, “I’d like to take Kareena’s ‘housewife’ comment positively, irrespective of how she said it!”
In fact, the matter became more interesting when Sonakshi’s co-guest on Koffee with Karan, Shahid Kapoor, took it upon himself to defend her against the comments made by Kareena, who happens to be his ex-girlfriend. Karan joked that on both his previous appearances on the show, Shahid had been paired with a girlfriend. “Really? I have a terrible memory. I keep forgetting what happened in the previous days so I wouldn’t remember,” he said. Shahid was previously paired with Kareena and Priyanka Chopra.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.