Why Katrina Kaif doesn’t mind public glare after break-up with Ranbir
Actor Katrina Kaif’s personal life has been in the public eye ever since her alleged break-up with actor Ranbir Kapoor. But she says she is unperturbed by the fact that her personal life gets written about more than her professional pursuits.
Her journey to stardom has not been devoid of obstacles, but the actor, who made her debut with Boom in 2003, has no complaints. “I think I’m very blessed and fortunate,” says Katrina, who strongly believes in destiny.
“I guess everyone’s life is predestined. So, you do what you do, and the rest is given to you. I can see how there were huge obstacles and a lot of reasons why on the surface one could’ve thought that this is a very unlikely scenario of where I started from to where I am today. But today, it’s something to be happy about, to be proud of, and to treat with respect,” she adds.
On the other hand, even though the actor prefers to stay away from the media glare, she is unperturbed by the fact that her personal life gets written about more than her professional pursuits. “There will be times when your work will be spoken about more, and there may be times when your personal life may be spoken about slightly more. You just understand and accept that it happens to a lot of people; you’re not the only one. It happens to almost every well-known actor,” says Katrina, adding, “Do I wish it wasn’t the case? Of course. It would be lovely if we were just spoken about for our work, and we didn’t have to face any speculation about our personal lives.”
Having said that, point out to her that as celebs, they do sign up for this once they choose to become public figures, and she says, “I do believe that one can guard or successfully maintain a great deal of privacy. Speculation isn’t an invasion of privacy. I don’t see it as that. It’s may be something we wish could be avoided or wish it doesn’t happen. There are lines; sometimes they’re pushed, but they’re rarely crossed.”
As far as her me time is concerned, the actor reveals that she managed to do that a lot last year. “Honestly, in the last year, I got a reasonable amount of time to myself. In the years before that, probably not. This year, so far, is going to be a busy one with all the releases I have lined up,” she says.
Follow @htshowbiz for more.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.