“I didn’t like The Humma Song”, says Shaan
The singer talks about remixes, and opens up about goof-ups and his first celebrity crushbrunch Updated: May 13, 2018 01:13 IST
- Date of birth: September 30
- Sun sign: Libra
- Place of birth: Mumbai
- School/college: Jai Hind College, Mumbai
- First break: Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi... (1999)
- High point of your life:The year 2000. Along with the release of Tanha Dil, it was a good year for me in films too. It’s also the year I got married!
- Low point of your life: The year 2010 when I lost my voice for about six months due to a vocal nodule issue
One Bollywood song you wish you had sung...?
Many songs actually, the latest one being Dil Diyan Gallan from Tiger Zinda Hai (2017).
Three things not many people know about you...?
I play Candy Crush, I never cook anything and I always skip cardio in the gym.
One recent remix you loved and one you hated...?
I quite liked Tamma Tamma Again from Badrinath Ki Dulhania (2017). I didn’t like The Humma Song from OK Jaanu (2017).
What do you and your sons bond over the most?
We chat about various things, but music is definitely what we bond over the most.
What has your biggest goof-up on stage been?
It was ages ago in Banaras. I don’t know why but I always thought Banaras was in Bihar. So, I kept praising Bihar on stage, and of course, the audience wasn’t impressed.
One thing that you miss about the ’90s Bollywood...?
Live music with orchestras.
Who was your biggest celebrity crush while growing up?
I found Amala (Akkineni) to be very cute. I first saw her in Shiva (1989).
One rumour you want to start about yourself is...?
That I have a parallel career as a Thai boxer!
Three people you would invite for dinner would be...?
Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and George Michael.
What’s the most filmy thing you have done in real life?
I proposed to my wife Radhika on a beach under the stars and lit a bonfire. I got down on my knees and said, ‘I have all five elements around me as witness as I ask you to marry me!’
The best and worst part about growing up with a sister is...?
The best part about growing up with Sagarika was that she was always ready to beat up those who messed with me. And that was also probably the worst part!
Funniest date ever...?
I dated this one girl because she owned a burger store and she gave me free burgers!
- Movie: Satte Pe Satta (1982)
- Comfort food: Mutton biryani
- Holiday destination: Greece
- Book/author:The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
- A song that always makes you break into a dance: The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson
Follow @ananya1281 on Twitter
From HT Brunch, May 13, 2018
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch
First Published: May 13, 2018 01:13 IST