Why you must have the nose ring
Five reasons you must have the nose ring (and we don't mean the Jodha Akbar kind!)brunch Updated: Nov 09, 2013 17:07 IST
Five reasons you must have the nose ring (and we don't mean the Jodha Akbar kind!)
1. Because if our Bollywood sundaris are endorsing it in the movies, we have the ultimate stamp of approval. Check out Deepika Padukone’s nose in Chennai Express and Ramleela. Also, Sonakshi Sinha’s nose ring in Lootera.
2. Piercing spells quirky. Too many piercings however, spell cuckoo! But nose piercings spell just enough quirk. It says you have layers to you. Like there’s something more to you than just pretty earrings. You get the drift?
3. It’s managed to interest those across saat samundars – the nath is now international. The French Riviera (at Cannes 2013) was going ‘nose ring’, thanks to Vidya Balan’s appearance in one of her nun-like garments (designer Sabyasachi ensured every part of the actress’ voluptuous body was covered in traditional Indian fabrics), and the dependable Sonam Kapoor’s kundan-studded outing.
4. You could pass off as a traditional fashionista.
5. Men dig chicks with a ring (the tiny, delicate ones). Sure, it’s got a bit of eroticism to it. But a little kinkiness doesn’t hurt. Also, we hear many men have a nose fetish!
From HT Brunch, November 10
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch