Food inflation at 7.58% y/y as at July 9: govt
Food inflation declined to 7.58% for the week ending July 9, compared to 8.31% in the previous week as prices of onions, milk, eggs and meat eased, according to official data released on Thursday.
Food inflation had shot up for the week ending July 2.
The primary articles index also fell to 11.13% for the week under review, compared to 11.58% in the previous week, according to data released by the ministry of commerce and industry.
The index for fuels and power continued to hold steady at 11.89% for the week ended July 9. The index for non-food articles, however, rose 15.5% from 15.2% in the previous week.
Onion prices rose at a slower 19.68% year-on-year, compared to the rise of 30.72% seen in the previous week, while milk prices eased to 10.76%.
Eggs, meat and fish prices also grew at a slow 7.97%.
The following are the yearly rise and fall in prices of some main commodities that form the sub-index for food articles:
Pulses: (-) 7.67%
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For checking EPF balance without UAN number, users will need to log into their account through the EPF homepage at epfindia.gov.in.
- The 15th Finance Commission has recommended that states be given 41 per cent of the divisible tax pool of the Centre during the period 2021-22 to 2025-26, which is at the same level as was recommended by the 14th Finance Commission.
- Here’s a list of some of the tasks which need to be performed by taxpayers before March 31
- In an interaction with members of the Indian Women’s Press Corps (IWPC), Sitharaman said that consumer sentiment about the tax burden on auto fuel was understandable.
- Nearly 1.1 million vaccine doses were administered to people above the age of 60 and those in the 45-59 age group till Thursday.
- Mohapatra said the idea came during Modi’s meeting with Marriott International president and chief executive Arne Sorenson, who complained about the complex regulations in starting and running a hotel in India.