Hero Mindmine organise a summit on 'Shaping the next generation'
Hero Mindmine Institute Ltd organised a two-day summit on 'Reinventing Indian Business: Agenda for Today'. Eminent personalities from sports and film industry like Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, Palash Sen, Soha Ali Khan and Nikhil Chinnapa spoke on the summit.
Laying emphasis on importance of education for youth, Soha Ali Khan said," According to me the biggest need for today's youth is education. I was often asked questions that why did you pursue higher studies when you had to join films. I think it's a ridiculous question because I think my education is the reason that gave me the confidence to speak on this prestigious Mindmine Summit forum."
Debating upon the topic 'whether on-screen smoking be banned in Hindi films, youth icons Palash Sen (Singer), Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore (Sportsman) and Soha went for the motion, but Nikhil (MTV VJ) had a view to share as well. He said, "If a star endorses a smoking brand it may be considered wrong but in movies a star plays a character and a character can be good or bad. It should be taken in the spirit which the character is trying to portray."
Thanking all the speakers of the Mindmine Summit 2008 that went on for two days, Mr Brij Lall Munjal, Chairman, Hero Group said "It was a privilege to have so many prominent personalities at this summit that it encourages us to continue to organise these Summits in future."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In an interaction with members of the Indian Women’s Press Corps (IWPC), Sitharaman said that consumer sentiment about the tax burden on auto fuel was understandable.
- Nearly 1.1 million vaccine doses were administered to people above the age of 60 and those in the 45-59 age group till Thursday.
- Mohapatra said the idea came during Modi’s meeting with Marriott International president and chief executive Arne Sorenson, who complained about the complex regulations in starting and running a hotel in India.
- ICICI Bank’s move comes days after rival lenders such as State Bank of India (SBI), Kotak Mahindra Bank and Housing Development Finance Corp. Ltd cut their home loan rates.
- These votes will have to be disclosed to unit holders under existing regulations. Voting will be at the MF level (rather than scheme level).
- Supply of vehicles from Maruti Suzuki India Ltd—as part of the alliance with Suzuki Motor Corp—has helped Toyota increase its domestic market share in the premium hatchback and entry-level SUV segment, where it was not present before.
- The top three states by GVA were Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Tamil Nadu. They had a share of 41% in the total GVA. Rural India added nearly as much GVA (49%) as urban India (51%).
- Using average consumption shares to calculate the burden of an indirect tax has a problem.
- Retail buyers continued to purchase gold in India as prices declined to a near one-year low.