MindTree jumps 18 % on bourses after two-fold rise in Q1 net
Shares of MindTree opened on a bullish note and jumped by as much as 18 % on the bourses today after the IT firm reported a two-fold increase in net profit for the first quarter of this fiscal.
Shares of MindTree, which have lost over 36 % since the start of this year, opened on a strong note at Rs 365 on the Bombay Stock Exchange, then surged to a high of Rs 425.50, up 18.45 % from their previous closing price.
On the National Stock Exchange, the stock witnessed similar movement, opening at Rs 373.60 before jumping to a high of Rs 425.80, up 18.40 % from its last close.
For the quarter ended June 30, 2011, the company's net profit stood at Rs 34.5 crore, up from Rs 5.9 crore in the first quarter last fiscal. Revenue during the reporting quarter increased 18.46 % to Rs 413.1 crore from Rs 348.7 crore in the same period last year.
On the volume front, as many as 6.57 lakh shares of the company exchanged hands on the BSE and over 14.97 lakh shares got traded on the NSE by 1148 hours.
"Momentum in both our businesses is expected to continue and we are confident of delivering higher than industry average growth in FY'12," MindTree CEO and MD Krishnakumar Natarajan said on Wednesday while announcing the results.
Last quarter, the company's stocks were hammered following the exit of its chairman and co-founder, Ashok Soota.
Soota left MindTree to start his own business venture. He has since then sold half of his stake (about 5.5 %) through a block deal.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Despite decades of strong economic growth, the country’s spending on health care is barely 1% of GDP, way below Brics peer nations, resulting in serious supply-side deficits of facilities and professionals.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management has started talks with potential merchant bankers for the IPO, which is likely to be launched in the June quarter, said the people cited above.
- The Bengaluru-based firm plans to start production as early as in June. That’s audacious, given that the land—260 acres for the plant and 240 acres for two supplier parks—is still in excavation mode.
- The term sheet executed between the two parties in 2015, promised ZO Rooms’ shareholders 7% of Oyo.
- Bharat Forge Ltd and Megha Engineering and Infrastructure Ltd may also submit expressions of interest for the government’s stake in BEML, the people said on condition of anonymity.
- The survey captures the mood of the industry for the two quarters ending June 30, 2021.
- For checking EPF balance without UAN number, users will need to log into their account through the EPF homepage at epfindia.gov.in.