OBC to raise home loan rates by 50-75 bps
Oriental Bank of Commerce on Saturday said it will raise home loan rates in the range of 50 to 75 basis points for new borrowers seeking loan up to Rs 20 lakh.
"We may increase it around 50-75 bps probably from May 1," OBC Executive Director Allan CA Pereira said.
The bank has passed on three consecutive increase in PLR to its home loan borrowers but in light of increasing cost of deposit it needs to revise home loan rate, which is around 9 per cent, he said adding that decision to this effect will take place at Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) meeting on Monday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The ECIR is reportedly based on an FIR filed by the Chennai police under Section 420 of the IPC on the basis of a complaint by the Chennai Financial Markets and Accountability (CFMA), an organisation that fights for investors’ rights.
- Shipments in the December quarter grew at a higher rate of 198% annually with 15.2 million units.
- The companies are also opting for large boxes for storage, with around 400,000-plus sq. ft being the average demand.
- The latest acquisition is Delaporte’s boldest move to spur growth after the company ceded its position as India’s third-largest software services provider to HCL Technologies Ltd.
- The Bengaluru-based online retailer has been weighing a US initial public offering and it’s now also looking at other options, the people said.
- While the base price of petrol is ₹33.26 per litre, it attracts ₹32.90 a litre central excise and ₹21.04 per litre local levies in Delhi.
- As per SBI’s official website, the properties that are included in the auctions are those of defaulters who failed to pay their dues.
- Here’s how you can calculate the EPF interest