Tesla’s Model S Plaid is fastest-accelerating production car
Remember when Elon Musk said Tesla only continued to build the Model S and X for sentimental reasons? (during an earnings call, October 2019).
Now we have refreshed, updated ‘Plaid’ versions of each. Tesla has given the cars all-new interiors, with updated screens and climate controls. It’s also redesigned the battery pack and modules in the new cars and has been making upgrades to the plant in Fremont ahead of their launch later this quarter.
The Model S Plaid is quite something. Tesla says it’s capable of 0-60 in less than 2 seconds, claiming in the earnings presentation that it’s the fastest-accelerating production car in the world. It will cost $112,990, including potential incentives. That will get you 390 miles of range and a top speed of 200 miles per hour. Deliveries will start around March, according to the company’s website.
There’s a higher-spec $132,990 Plaid model which has a greater 520-mile range on a single charge. The company estimates it will be set for delivery in late 2021.
The plaid version of the Model X has had a similar makeover and injection of speed and power. In fact, Tesla claim it’s the “highest performing SUV ever built” in terms of power and acceleration, according to its website. Starting at $113,190, inclusive of incentives, it has a maximum range of 340 miles (less than the more standard Long Range model) and can do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. Three high-performance motors give the X plaid peak power of 1,020 horsepower. Musk said in the earnings call deliveries of the Model S Plaid will be in February.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The 15th Finance Commission has recommended that states be given 41 per cent of the divisible tax pool of the Centre during the period 2021-22 to 2025-26, which is at the same level as was recommended by the 14th Finance Commission.
- Here’s a list of some of the tasks which need to be performed by taxpayers before March 31
- In an interaction with members of the Indian Women’s Press Corps (IWPC), Sitharaman said that consumer sentiment about the tax burden on auto fuel was understandable.
- Nearly 1.1 million vaccine doses were administered to people above the age of 60 and those in the 45-59 age group till Thursday.
- Mohapatra said the idea came during Modi’s meeting with Marriott International president and chief executive Arne Sorenson, who complained about the complex regulations in starting and running a hotel in India.
- ICICI Bank’s move comes days after rival lenders such as State Bank of India (SBI), Kotak Mahindra Bank and Housing Development Finance Corp. Ltd cut their home loan rates.
- These votes will have to be disclosed to unit holders under existing regulations. Voting will be at the MF level (rather than scheme level).
- Supply of vehicles from Maruti Suzuki India Ltd—as part of the alliance with Suzuki Motor Corp—has helped Toyota increase its domestic market share in the premium hatchback and entry-level SUV segment, where it was not present before.
- The top three states by GVA were Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Tamil Nadu. They had a share of 41% in the total GVA. Rural India added nearly as much GVA (49%) as urban India (51%).
- Using average consumption shares to calculate the burden of an indirect tax has a problem.