Fire breaks out at Mohali hospital, no casualties
A major tragedy was averted when a fire broke out in the X-Ray room of Indus Super Specialty Hospital in Phase-1, in the early hours on Tuesday.chandigarh Updated: Oct 22, 2013 20:04 IST
A major tragedy was averted when a fire broke out in the X-Ray room of Indus Super Specialty Hospital in Phase-1, in the early hours on Tuesday.
Machines worth lakhs were gutted.
Fire officer Devinder Singh said no one was hurt in the incident, adding, “We received a call at around 3.20 am and a fire tender rushed to the spot. The flames were doused within 45 minutes. The fire broke out in the X-ray room where all the imported machines were gutted. The entire hospital was engulfed in thick smoke and we immediately brought down the patients from the first floor to the ground floor.”
Since the room was locked, short circuit seems the reason of the fire breaking out, Singh added.
Hospital director Raman Singh said the fire destroyed all the imported machines in the room which were worth lakhs. We have shifted the patients to our other hospital in Phase 3B2, he added.
First Published: Oct 22, 2013 20:03 IST