Haryana promoting industrial clusters in state
The Haryana government is promoting industrial clusters across the state with the Central help to give a push to small and medium enterprises.chandigarh Updated: Apr 22, 2013 16:44 IST
The Haryana government is promoting industrial clusters across the state with the Central help to give a push to small and medium enterprises.
A total of seven such industrial clusters are being developed in the state, an official release quoting Industries Department Director TL Satyaprakash said.
While work on a printing and packaging cluster in Karnal district is under progress, similar inter-connected business concentrations of are being set up in Panipat, Bahadurgarh, Bhiwani and Faridabad, Satyaprakash said.
The cluster in Panipat will focus on textile sector, while the Bahadurgarh, Bhiwani and Faridabad clusters will focus on footwear, hospital equipments and auto parts, he said.
Industrial clusters have also been planned at Ambala and Kundli, Satyaprakash said.
The initiative is part of the Cluster Development Programme started by Union Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, he said.
Under the programme, financial assistance will be provided to small entrepreneurs to help them start their own businesses.
According to the programme's provision, for a start-up sum of Rs 15 crore, the Centre will bear 80 per cent of the assistance, while the remaining 20 per cent will be equally shared by the state government and the entrepreneur himself.
First Published: Apr 22, 2013 16:43 IST