1 held for attack on Shiv Sena leader in Dhariwal
Police have arrested one of the two accused who fired at Honey Mahajan, president of the youth wing of Shiv Sena (Hindustan), and another trader in Dhariwal on February 10.
The police said accused Simranjit Singh, a resident of Kandiala village in Batala subdivision in Gurdaspur district, was arrested on Saturday.
Mahajan was injured while trader Ashok Kumar was killed in the attack.
Later, the police procured footage from CCTV cameras installed in the area which captured the images of the assailants fleeing after the incident.
Gurdaspur senior superintendent of police (SSP) Swarndeep Singh said Simaranjit Singh will be produced in a court on Monday and they will seek his remand for interrogation so that the other accused could also be arrested.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Prime Minister went on to explain to the massive gathering the reason why the BJP is the only party in the country which was formed keeping Bengal’s culture and thinking at its core.
- Two state government officials were arrested for taking a bribe of ₹four lakhs and Naresh Singhal, owner of Paras Travel Agency, was arrested for giving the bribe.
- While rejecting the anticipatory bail, the court said there was a strong indication of the applicant’s involvement in the offence.
- Last month on February 22 in a similar incident, an elephant had mowed down a person at Phoolchatti road near Neelkanth shrine
- Congress MLA Pritam objected to the curtailing of Haridwar Maha Kumbh to one month on the pretext of Coronavirus pandemic.
- Both the BJP and the the TMC have accused each other of resorting to violence in the run up to the assembly elections in West Bengal.