70-year-old electrocuted to death in Ludhiana

He was pulling down the shutter of his shop when he got electrocuted
HT Image
HT Image
Published on Aug 18, 2019 11:03 PM IST
Copy Link
By HT Correspondent, Ludhiana

A 70-year-old man died after getting electrocuted during heavy showers at Karimpura Market on Saturday evening.

The deceased has been identified as Ramesh Behal. He was pulling down the shutter of his shop when he got electrocuted.

Ramesh Behal owned a garment shop at Karimpura, which is in the old part of the city.

Shopkeepers in the market said, “As soon as Ramesh touched the shutter of the shop, he got electrocuted.”

They immediately sounded the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) officials, who cut off power supply to the area.

Behal was rushed to hospital, where the doctors declared him brought dead.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Close Story
SHARE
Story Saved
OPEN APP
×
Saved Articles
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Saturday, October 16, 2021