Two farmers die after inhaling toxic gas in Hisar manhole
Two farmers were killed after they inhaled toxic gas inside a manhole in Gangwa village in Hisar on Tuesday night.
The victims, Satpal and Madan Singh, were among the five farmers who had entered a manhole to clear a pipeline after the water supply to the farmers’ field stopped.
A police spokesperson said, “The villagers were able to pull out four farmers from the manhole on Tuesday night. Satpal was found dead and the three other farmers accompanying him were taken to the hospital. Meanwhile, Madan remained missing. His body was found at some distance from the manhole on Wednesday morning.”
Earlier in April, four persons had died after inhaling a poisonous gas while checking the motor installed in a sewage treatment plant (STP) tank in Budha Khera village of Hisar’s Uklana.
The Chandigarh Lalit Kala Akademi is celebrating 75 years of Independence by organising 'Colours of freedom' art workshop-cum-exhibition, featuring 75 works of 75 artists from across country and tricity. The event is being organised at the Sector 17 Underpass. As part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the artists are focusing on the many aspects of freedom and portraying it on their canvas.
Chief Minister M K Stalin on Friday urged the Central government to prevail upon Sri Lanka to immediately release nine Tamil Nadu fishermen and their fishing boat. Writing to External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, Stalin drew the Union government's attention to the apprehension of nine Indian fishermen and their mechanised fishing boat on August 10 by the Sri Lankan Navy.
Himachal Pradesh chief minister Jai Ram Thakur on Friday ordered a probe into the collapse of a flyover portion on Shimla-Kalka highway following heavy rains a day before. About a 50-metre stretch of the newly constructed highway had caved in near Shamlech village, resulting in disruption of traffic movement on the national highway that serves as a primary source of link to Shimla, Solan and Kinnaur districts.
Three people including a man andKhilan Singh Lodhi, 65'ss son died after inhaling toxic gases in a well on his farm in Sagar district on Thursday, said police. The deceased have been identified as residents of Madhi Pipapriya village, Khilan Singh Lodhi, 65, his son Neetu Lodhi, 25 and a villager Sunil Patel, 25. Villagers informed the police. A team of forensic science laboratory has collected samples and sealed the well.
A West Bengal government doctor, who prescribed 14-day bedrest to Trinamool Congress leader Anubrata Mondal a day before his arrest by the Central Bureau of Investigation, has told the agency that he was coerced to make the recommendation. A doctor in a state-run hospital, Dr Chandranath Adhikary, was questioned on Thursday, around the same time that a team of CBI officers reached heavy-weight TMC leader Anubrata Mondal's house in West Bengal's Birbhum district.